Wednesday 27 April 2011

Babiest of Babybats Guide, part two

My computernet started to work this morning, so hooray. I thought I'd finish off my post from the other day. Also, hello new followers. How are you today? I hope you're well. Let me know. :D

Now, my post the other day that decided to stop working was a few tips for the younger end of the babybats. I'm just looking back on it and thinking, I would have killed for this kind of information. Here's more, starting from 1 again, since...since screw it. Screw you. No science again tonight, since I haven't planned ahead. Maybe a late post tomorrow/early morning.

1: This isn't just for gothteens, but I want to make a point of it: Your boyfriend/girlfriend is not your universe. Please don't obsess over them. Please. That's why I hate teenagers so damn much. My sister is 27 this year and she is obsessed with her boyfriend. There is a world outside them. Take a good old look.

2: Don't be obnoxious. Nothing that disappoints me more (other than druggo goths) than an obnoxious goth. I probably made this point clear in the last post, but it needs to be reiterated. Nothing surprises people more than when I walk into a shop in my favourite boots and my corset, all smiles and "hey, how are you? Bloody cold today, isn't it? I'll take two, please, keep the change". The better you treat people, the better they treat others.

3: S. M. I. L. E. That's one of the biggest misconceptions about goths - I like to call frownygoths "Ravencrow Neversmiles". You spent so long making your lips that lovely ruby-red, so you'd better make the most of the way it makes your smile look. Some of you may have noticed, yeah...I have braces. They're black and purple. My teeth are very messed-up, but the more I smile, the more I feel that people don't notice. Keep smiling, and even when you feel the worst, the more you smile, the better it feels.

4: Don't feel bad if you can't shop at the best goth shops in the country. If you're lucky enough to live in Australia, do what I do - shop at Jay Jays. So many of my favourite things, I have gotten from there. The internet is a good resource too, not to mention the Salvos and Vinnies and various other charity/op shops. The more you look, the more you find.

5: Learn how to alter clothes. Your life will never be the same again.

6: Don't worry about buying goth brand or high-line cosmetics. 99% of the stuff I own is from discount bins at Priceline. Best lipstick I've ever had was Savvy, from a discount bin. Do not underestimate the power of those bins (and best friends you can nick things off)

7: Stay safe. This is extremely important. People who dress differently from the norm (including cultural and religious differences) are targets of violence. Stay in a pack and where the light is, and where people can see you.

I think that about does it. Might put up some writing soon, if I feel like it. x3

Also, I was going to go out on Saturday, but it turns out that's when Doctor Who starts, so I'm staying home. Does that make me bad?

No comments:

Labels

1940scat (1) adora batbrat (2) adorable catness (1) adorable gothicness (1) adsense (1) andrews sisters (2) angst (1) animal testing (1) ashley (1) atrocities (1) australian stories (1) awards; list; a little bit bullshit; shiro cosmetics (1) bargain (1) bats (2) bb cream (1) being one hell of a cat (4) BIG FUCKING GOTH HAIR (1) black lipstick (1) blaggymcblaggerson (1) blarg (1) blog stuff (3) bloggers (1) bloody mary cosmetics (1) books (1) brains (1) brief update (1) bustle (1) butts (1) camwhore (1) can't touch this (1) cat (1) cat about town (5) cat stuff (1) cats (19) celtic music (1) chinchillas (1) church (1) cloudstreet (1) comic (2) competitions (1) consumerism (1) contact (1) contests (1) corset connection (1) corsetry (1) corsets (6) corsets-au (2) crivens (1) damn computer (1) delilah (1) depression and why you don't have it (1) diary of a mareep (1) doctor kitty (1) doctor who (1) doctor whooves (1) doe deere (4) dog (1) dogs (1) doing science (3) dopey discord (1) dramu (1) EA (1) emilie autumn (1) emotional cat is emotional (1) encyclopedic (3) endangered animals (3) europe (1) everything is beautiful at the heathers house (1) excuses excuses (5) facebook (2) facts don't care if you believe in them (2) fatcat is fat (1) fcuking fgagot (1) Fight Like A Girl (1) filthy victorians 2012 (12) FLAG (1) folk (1) freak (1) FUCK YOU TOO INTERNET (6) fucking rainbows how do they work (1) furries y u betray me (1) game (1) gif party (2) giveaway (2) goddammit google (1) goddamn it lady stop being wrong (2) goddamn it stop being wrong (1) going out (1) going to the doctor (1) goodgoth (3) goth as fuck (1) goth outings (1) green fairy (1) hair (4) happy birthday (1) happy freakin birthday (1) hats (2) haul (2) hedgehogs (1) help (1) hiatus (2) hoorah (1) hot girl in the comic shop (1) house hunting (2) house stuff (4) human rights (1) i am internet (1) i love lipstick (1) i love you guys (1) i seriously cannot be the only one that hates the new blogger interface seriously what the fuck (1) i'll spellcheck you (1) i'm amazing (1) iberian lynx (1) illamasqua (1) image macros (1) important (2) information (1) interview (1) irish music (1) is this real life? (4) just say no (1) kittens (4) lil bit of rockakitty (1) lime crime (4) links (1) lipstick (1) little things with stripes on (1) lol troll (2) lolcow (1) look before you speak (1) Lovett's Law (1) lucy (1) makeup (2) manic panic (1) maru the cat (2) meerkats (1) melbourne (1) melbourne zoo (1) minecraft (1) minecraft server (1) mini-post (9) mlp (1) monthly theme (1) more than you needed to know (1) morgana cryptoria (1) mr growlithe (2) music (8) my little pony (1) my mum (1) neartastic: the n stands for justice (2) new stuff (4) newborns (1) news (7) no one ever suspects the butterfly (1) nonpost (3) nothin doin (1) obama (1) oh mister ridcully you do go on (1) old blind dogs (1) omg omg omg (2) one million hijabs (1) open dialogue (1) opera (1) outfit (7) pageviews (1) pastel goth (1) pathetic (1) perfume (1) pics (2) pizza (1) pizza order bat (1) pokegoon hurf (2) pokemon (2) politics (1) poll (1) profile picture (1) projects (1) raeglol (1) rage rage rage (5) rant (2) really unflattering photographs (1) religion (1) repo (1) resource (1) reviews (6) sary (2) save animals (2) SCIENCE (1) scottish music (1) shaima alawadi (1) shiro cosmetics (2) shooooooes (1) shopping (10) sick (2) skirt (2) snow leopard (1) speshul flower snowflake (1) srsface (1) stick your head up a fuck off (2) still alive (5) teddy (1) terminally stupid (1) terribear (1) terry pratchett (2) thank you (1) the body is a gross unnatural thing (1) the master (1) the more you know (2) the religious wrong (1) the temperature in this country is TOO DAMN HIGH (1) third world problems (1) thundercunt (1) tightlacing (1) tips and tricks (1) to do list (1) tragic beautiful (1) travel (1) tumblr (1) tummy (1) tutorial (1) twitter (2) undies (1) unwell (1) updates (1) victorian lady (3) victoriana (1) vintage (1) voltaire (4) walruses (1) wee babbys (1) what do miss cat (2) what the fuck (2) what what what (2) what. where. what. (1) wildcats (1) xanthy (1) YAY (1) you too can have a cat for the low price of your sanity (2) zomblies (1) zoo (1)