Saturday 28 May 2011

Sunday and the Salvation Army

As you know, I have many kitties, one of which is named Sunday, who is a ginger-cream tabby. He's odd, long-faced and has enormous eyes. He also has tick paralysis.

I'm home alone for the weekend, and here was one of my kittens, stumbling around. My next door neighbour Bernie helped me get it off (it was on the back of his tail, and he made an awful racket when I tried to remove it myself). My hands were totally shredded, and i managed to get my own blood everywhere. I came home, put Sunday on my sister's bed and laid down with him until he went to sleep. Babies are all the same. He just needed a cuddle to get him off to sleep. After some calling around and fiddling, I'd managed to get a vet to meet me at the Bay and Basin clinic, and ordered a cab to get there. When I was walking down to the shop to get some money out for the cab, I met up with the Salvation Army people, an older couple, Celia and Phillip Webb.
The most amazing thing happened then. They offered to drive me to the vet.

I was thrilled and taken so off-guard by this offer and this kindness. I went home, packed Sunday up in a basket and blanket that smelled like mummy, and they took me out to the Bay and Basin vet.
The first thing the vet said to me when we got there was, "...he's got big eyes, doesn't he?"

I couldn't find a justifying picture,
so here's this.
I laughed. His eyes are enormous. Like, huge.
She was trying to give him a look over, but it wasn't helpful that our little twelve-week-old kitten kept crawling over to me and trying to crawl into my shirt. He made some god-awful noises, too. Some scared the vet a little bit.

He should be okay, but is staying there for a day or two. Celie and Phillip (and their little dog Lucy) gave me a lift home. I gathered my kitties all together, and brought them inside for a check-over and a cuddle.

It was a rough day. I have proof.

I have a triangular-shaped hole on my other hand.
Can't get a good picture of it.
Much love. :3

...much worry...

2 comments:

The Green Fairy said...

I wish your kitty a speedy recovery!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Oh, they DO worry us greatly when they are in harm's way!! I am glad he will be okay. Babies bounce back so quickly, too. :) And that picture is so adorable that I can no longer function at this moment. ;-D

Sophistique Noir - Dark, Elegant Fashion

Labels

1940scat (1) adora batbrat (2) adorable catness (1) adorable gothicness (1) adsense (1) andrews sisters (2) angst (1) animal testing (1) ashley (1) atrocities (1) australian stories (1) awards; list; a little bit bullshit; shiro cosmetics (1) bargain (1) bats (2) bb cream (1) being one hell of a cat (4) BIG FUCKING GOTH HAIR (1) black lipstick (1) blaggymcblaggerson (1) blarg (1) blog stuff (3) bloggers (1) bloody mary cosmetics (1) books (1) brains (1) brief update (1) bustle (1) butts (1) camwhore (1) can't touch this (1) cat (1) cat about town (5) cat stuff (1) cats (19) celtic music (1) chinchillas (1) church (1) cloudstreet (1) comic (2) competitions (1) consumerism (1) contact (1) contests (1) corset connection (1) corsetry (1) corsets (6) corsets-au (2) crivens (1) damn computer (1) delilah (1) depression and why you don't have it (1) diary of a mareep (1) doctor kitty (1) doctor who (1) doctor whooves (1) doe deere (4) dog (1) dogs (1) doing science (3) dopey discord (1) dramu (1) EA (1) emilie autumn (1) emotional cat is emotional (1) encyclopedic (3) endangered animals (3) europe (1) everything is beautiful at the heathers house (1) excuses excuses (5) facebook (2) facts don't care if you believe in them (2) fatcat is fat (1) fcuking fgagot (1) Fight Like A Girl (1) filthy victorians 2012 (12) FLAG (1) folk (1) freak (1) FUCK YOU TOO INTERNET (6) fucking rainbows how do they work (1) furries y u betray me (1) game (1) gif party (2) giveaway (2) goddammit google (1) goddamn it lady stop being wrong (2) goddamn it stop being wrong (1) going out (1) going to the doctor (1) goodgoth (3) goth as fuck (1) goth outings (1) green fairy (1) hair (4) happy birthday (1) happy freakin birthday (1) hats (2) haul (2) hedgehogs (1) help (1) hiatus (2) hoorah (1) hot girl in the comic shop (1) house hunting (2) house stuff (4) human rights (1) i am internet (1) i love lipstick (1) i love you guys (1) i seriously cannot be the only one that hates the new blogger interface seriously what the fuck (1) i'll spellcheck you (1) i'm amazing (1) iberian lynx (1) illamasqua (1) image macros (1) important (2) information (1) interview (1) irish music (1) is this real life? (4) just say no (1) kittens (4) lil bit of rockakitty (1) lime crime (4) links (1) lipstick (1) little things with stripes on (1) lol troll (2) lolcow (1) look before you speak (1) Lovett's Law (1) lucy (1) makeup (2) manic panic (1) maru the cat (2) meerkats (1) melbourne (1) melbourne zoo (1) minecraft (1) minecraft server (1) mini-post (9) mlp (1) monthly theme (1) more than you needed to know (1) morgana cryptoria (1) mr growlithe (2) music (8) my little pony (1) my mum (1) neartastic: the n stands for justice (2) new stuff (4) newborns (1) news (7) no one ever suspects the butterfly (1) nonpost (3) nothin doin (1) obama (1) oh mister ridcully you do go on (1) old blind dogs (1) omg omg omg (2) one million hijabs (1) open dialogue (1) opera (1) outfit (7) pageviews (1) pastel goth (1) pathetic (1) perfume (1) pics (2) pizza (1) pizza order bat (1) pokegoon hurf (2) pokemon (2) politics (1) poll (1) profile picture (1) projects (1) raeglol (1) rage rage rage (5) rant (2) really unflattering photographs (1) religion (1) repo (1) resource (1) reviews (6) sary (2) save animals (2) SCIENCE (1) scottish music (1) shaima alawadi (1) shiro cosmetics (2) shooooooes (1) shopping (10) sick (2) skirt (2) snow leopard (1) speshul flower snowflake (1) srsface (1) stick your head up a fuck off (2) still alive (5) teddy (1) terminally stupid (1) terribear (1) terry pratchett (2) thank you (1) the body is a gross unnatural thing (1) the master (1) the more you know (2) the religious wrong (1) the temperature in this country is TOO DAMN HIGH (1) third world problems (1) thundercunt (1) tightlacing (1) tips and tricks (1) to do list (1) tragic beautiful (1) travel (1) tumblr (1) tummy (1) tutorial (1) twitter (2) undies (1) unwell (1) updates (1) victorian lady (3) victoriana (1) vintage (1) voltaire (4) walruses (1) wee babbys (1) what do miss cat (2) what the fuck (2) what what what (2) what. where. what. (1) wildcats (1) xanthy (1) YAY (1) you too can have a cat for the low price of your sanity (2) zomblies (1) zoo (1)